I Am Sam is a 2001 release starring the breathtaking performance by Academy Award Nominee Sean Penn. It also starred Michelle Pffier and Dakota Fanning a 7 year old child actor. The story revolves around a mentally challenged father who was given the opportunity in a strange circumstance to raise a daughter, a daughter who he ends up giving all his love and emotion. A seven year old mind raising a daughter. Its unbeleiveable its breathtaking and above all beleive it or not, its plain stupid.
But it is possible.
This movie has always been my top favorite. And as I searched the Internet to get some ideas behind the reasons why this movie must have been created, I found none. Nothing but the money mattered websites seeking to provide review or renting DVDs.
And then it remind me, that like Sam said in the movie, "..people like you dont know how it feels to get hurted, people like you don't feel anything.." Indeed we live in a dog eat dog world. Where everyone looks for an opportunity to climb on others shoulder to reach to another step, a step that can give him or her more power, more control, more recognition more money and glory. At the end of the day, its all about that.
And in that pace, the sensitivity of life, gets lost, Forever. Until its all blank. Forever!!
I Want To Be Sam. I want to love like Sam, I want to have a daughter whom I want to raise giving her all my love all my energy and understanding, and patience, and raise her in discipline, in responsibility.
I am Sam teaches a beautiful relationship where a father irrespective of what he has, strives to give more to her daughter because he loves her. and spend time with her.
But it is possible.
This movie has always been my top favorite. And as I searched the Internet to get some ideas behind the reasons why this movie must have been created, I found none. Nothing but the money mattered websites seeking to provide review or renting DVDs.
And then it remind me, that like Sam said in the movie, "..people like you dont know how it feels to get hurted, people like you don't feel anything.." Indeed we live in a dog eat dog world. Where everyone looks for an opportunity to climb on others shoulder to reach to another step, a step that can give him or her more power, more control, more recognition more money and glory. At the end of the day, its all about that.
And in that pace, the sensitivity of life, gets lost, Forever. Until its all blank. Forever!!
I Want To Be Sam. I want to love like Sam, I want to have a daughter whom I want to raise giving her all my love all my energy and understanding, and patience, and raise her in discipline, in responsibility.
I am Sam teaches a beautiful relationship where a father irrespective of what he has, strives to give more to her daughter because he loves her. and spend time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment